Sunday, June 15, 2008

Product Review: NARS Deep Throat

Hey ladies,
By the time you read this I will be moving and shaking at the MMVA's (I love blogger's post-scheduling feature!). I'm super excited because although my friends go every year, this will be my first time.

Anyway, today I'm fulfilling the promise I made to you a long time ago to blog about NARS Deep Throat.

This was my first NARS powder blush purchase and I was super-excited.

Funny note: I was really torn between this and Taos (which I will end up buying some day I know it) but I chose this because I thought it was the Orgasm for DDD's. Turns out that in actuality Torrid is supposed to be the brown girl's Orgasm. So I guess I'm going to have to get that one too!


This colour is described on Sephora.com as "peach with shimmer", but on me this is more of a pinky-peach with shimmer. (To me it's the powder version of the Portofino Multiple) And boy, is there shimmer. It's just teetering on the border of being too much...especially because it's such a light colour against my NC50 skin. If I apply this too lightly it's more shimmer than colour, and that's not cute.

One good thing about this blush is that for me it takes a heavy hand, so I don't have to be all careful and I don't have to use a good brush. I don't even have to tap off the excess before applying! What I do these days is create a NARS sandwich that goes like this: After I apply my bronzer, I do 2-3 layers of Deep Throat, then a layer of Portofino on top of that, and then another layer of Deep Throat over that. That creates a really nice subtle glow that's great for work or days you don't want to look made up, but wouldn't stand up against any kind of heavy or dramatic looks.

It kind of irks me though that a $25 blush needs to be layered (especially with the expensive-ass Multiple) to work and if this wasn't NARS I wouldn't even bother. So...as much as it pains me, the wiwfm verdict on this has to be no.

Ouch. I actually got a pain in my chest typing that.

No comments: