Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Product Review: BeneFit Ooh La Lift

From my travels around the beauty cyber-world, I know a lot of people are concerned about dark circles and puffiness in the eye area. I personally don't have this problem, so I don't pay much attention but I do know that there are about a jillion products out there to fix it.

What I do have is a slight loss of firmness under my eyes; the area there isn't puffy or dark but it is a little loose I guess. I have no idea what causes this and I believe I've always add it so I don't think it's an aging thing. I used to just pile concealer in this area to cover it up but then I discovered
Ooh La Lift by Benefit.


I got this in the Realness of Concealness kit from Benefit (I haven't reviewed this but in a word the wiwfm verdict is no for my DDD's. More on that later) and I really didn't pay much attention to it for the first few months. I tried it a couple of times and didn't really feel like there was a difference. But a few months later I decided to give it a try again...


According to Benefit's website, Ooh La Lift "helps firm under the eye area so you look years younger. With a special blend of botanicals and light reflecting pigments, this is for all of us gals who want eyes that look young and fresh. The cooling sensations feel so good you'll want to use it all day long... we say go for it... the perk-me-up results are instant, and the feel good sensation is right now!"

Sounds good to me. And like I said, it's one of the few products I've ever encountered that specifically addresses loose skin rather than dark circles or puffiness so I gave it a go. What I do is apply my foundation, then dot a thin layer of this under my eyes. Then I use a brush to dot concealer right over it. I pat it in with my fingers which blends the mixture together and into my skin. It adds just the amount of brightness - I don't subscribe to the theory of using a lighter concealer under the eyes - and covers up the loose skin perfectly. No cooling sensation to speak of, but I don't miss it.

This works, but Benefit's prices are beyond ridiculous in my opinion, so I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it when it runs out. A little goes a long way though, I have just a tiny tube and it's lasted me about a year and I still have some left.

So the wiwfm verdict is...yes!

No comments: