Thursday, August 14, 2008

my daily look

hi lovelies!
check me out with all the posts, eh? told ya'll i would try my hardest to do better.

so the other day as i was rushing off to work it dawned on me to take a picture of myself so you could see my daily work look (and then take one when i got home to see how beat up i look after a day of work lol) so i snapped a quick one.

it's kinda dark but i wanted to give you a rundown of my daily routine for summer work days. it's simple and relatively quick but still fun.

prep:
-wash my face with Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Cleanser

-tone with witch hazel or apple cider vinegar - this particular day was acv, undiluted cuz i'm gangsta like that

-curl lashes with a Tweezerman lash curler (it sucks, don't buy this, spend the extra money for a good one) heated with hot water

-MAC Matte applied to whole face


face:
-on the back of my hand i mix a pea-sized amount of olay age defying daily renewal lotion with a tiny drop of revlon skinlights instant skin brightener in gold light (this might be discontinued, but any highlighter would do) and a pea-sized amount of maybelline pure makeup foundation in caramel (equal to or slightly larger than the drop of moisturizer)

-wet a foundation brush (i use a crappy Quo one and you have to wet it for it to work decently at all) and then use it to blend together the mixture. i apply it to my face starting at my cheeks (because that's where i want/need the most coverage), blending outward, then apply to the rest of my face from the centre outward.

-MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC50 on my upper lip and underneath my eyes and also anywhere else i may need coverage.


eyes:

-Urban Decay Primer Potion on my lids

-fill in my brows with an Annabelle eye pencil in dark brown, which i blend out with a MAC angle brush

-line my inner upper eyelids with a black eye pencil by Rimmel. try really hard to keep my eyes open so it doesn't smudge onto my lower waterline - this almost never works so i clean it up with a Q-tip.

-i rotate between two eye shadows - a gold Milani eye shadow (I think it's Antique Gold) or MAC Expensive Pink. choosing the colour is completely random...i wear whichever i feel like that particular day.

-one coat of Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator as a primer - the only thing it's good for

-two thin coats of Lancôme Hypnôse


cheeks:
-sweep the bronzer from Lorac's Hot Flash blush/bronzer duo on cheeks, temples, across forehead, and the bridge of my nose with a fan brush

-MAC Sheertone Shimmer blush in Breezy or Ambering Rose - usually it's Breezy but this particular day it was Ambering Rose


then i curl my lashes again with the curler heated with hot water. seems like the extra step is unnecessary but it really makes my lashes stay curled all day.


set the whole thing with MAC Blot Powder in Dark.


and that's it! it seems like a lot but the whole thing takes less than 10 minutes and it's a really pretty natural summer look. you could skip the eyeliner - i just do it to make my lashes more pronounced when i wear my frigging horrible glasses. it's now my go-to summer look when i just want to look polished and not like i loaded my face down with stuff.


what do ya'll think? critique me ladies but please be gentle ;)

No comments: